Join the Amazing Raise!
Starting Your Fundraising Page
You can Start your fundraising team by watching the the quick step-by-step video below.
The link to start your fundraising page is: https://givebutter.com/AmazingRaise/join
Help is Spread the Word! Business and Corporate Sponsorship Packet
We encourage youth participants and their families to spread the event’s business and corporate sponsorship packets to employers and organizations in their networks. This is one of the fastest to scale up your fundraising total!
Click on the image below to download the PDF Business and Corporate Sponsorship Packet.
Tell Your Story! Templates to Help you Fundraise
Below are a few templates you can use when emailing your friends, family, and supporters. Remember, the more you customize…the more you will fundraiser!
Template # 1:
“Hi Recipient Name,
I’m hoping that you can support me as I participate in this important event: The 2023 Amazing Raise for the the Peninsula Youth Sailing Foundation.
Sure, we’ll be out on a course at Westpoint Harbor having lots of fun- but with your help we’ll also lend some financial support to the organization’s programs. “PY” is staffed by some very dedicated folks who truly care about the well-being of the bay area’s young people. The programs are available to all youth interested in sailing regardless of financial circumstances. Your contribution, in any amount, will be heartfelt by all of us.
Thanks so much for your help!
“Template # 2:
I’m fundraising to raise money for my sailing organization, the Peninsula Youth Sailing Foundation, which is a nonprofit that provides sailing opportunities to Bay Area youth -including me! All proceeds go towards raising vital funding for our fleet, sails, and equipment!
If you are in the Bay Area, you can come see the race on Oct 14 at Westpoint and join for the awards and afterparty 2-5pm (with taco truck). Or you can also watch the highlights and awards ceremony at 3:00pm PT!
I appreciate all the support!
Get Involved! Sign up to Volunteer
All parents, coaches and community members are invited to help as a course marshall during the race, solicit event sponsors, and/or come to the party at the end! SIGNUP HERE
When is it:
- Saturday, October 14 at Westpoint Harbor
- Race is 11am-2pm
- Live broadcast of the day’s event and award ceremony celebrating the sailors and their accomplishments will air 3PM at www.PYSF.us/AmazingRaise
- After party with (taco truck) goes until 5PM
What is the Amazing Raise:
- It is a fundraising drive along with a super fun scavenger hunt race. (Think of the Amazing Race on TV with a fundraising drive with it). There are individual winners (top fundraisers), along with team winners the day of the race. Prizes are awarded for each! Sailors have a blast figuring out the clues, completing the challenges (on land and water!) all while raising funds to go towards new sails and new boats!!
- Fundraising drive (think of a walk-a-thon at school) where the kids solicit donations from their friends, relatives, neighbors, local businesses, etc.
- All PYSF Sailors are invited to join in on the fun! All parents, coaches and community members are invited to help as a course marshall during the race, solicit event sponsors, and/or come to the party at the end! SIGNUP HERE
- Sailor: fundraise the weeks prior (donations from friends, relatives, neighbors, local businesses, etc.) to the race and then take part on Oct 14 in the scavenger hunt
- Parent/Community Member: help with sponsorship (matching funds, reach out to local businesses for event sponsorship) and/or volunteer day-of as a course marshal.
What happens at the After Party:
- We will have a taco truck, boats at the dock to sail and libations for all!! We will award our top fundraisers and top race winners. As well as have a chance to come together as a community. The racers will be coming into finish while you are arriving for the party!!